Any Major Funk Vol. 7
Here is the seventh CD-R mix in the Any Major Funk series. It might have been called Any Major Disco, but that would have been (equally) misleading, with expectations of Saturday Night Fever, Munich Machine or, eek, Ethel Merman doing disco. So these mixes are not quite funkadelically funky, but the funk and the brand of disco spearheaded by Chic are the influences that dominate these mixes.
And because these mixes, all of which are timed to fit on standard CD-Rs, previously came without covers, I have homebaked a selection, a collage of which you will see at the end of the post.
I’m posting this mix on the 33rd anniversary of the Comiskey Park disco records burning action, on 12 July 1979 – as chance would have it, also a Thursday. I wrote about it previously in “The Disco Inferno”.
1. Delegation – Where Is The Love (We Used To Know) (1977)
2. Dee Dee Sharp Gamble – Let’s Get This Party Started (1980)
3. Rainbow Brown – Till You Surrender (1981)
4. Yvonne Gage – Garden Of Eve (1981)
5. Skyy – High (1979)
6. Shalamar – Make That Move (1980)
7. Thelma Houston – If You Feel It (1981)
8. Sister Sledge – One More Time (1979)
9. Billy Ocean – Whatever Turns You On (1981)
10. Fat Larry’s Band – Here Comes The Sun (1979)
11. L.T.D. – One On One (1979)
12. Central Line – That’s No Way To Treat My Love (1981)
13. Phyllis Hyman – You Know How To Love Me (1979)
14. Sylvia St. James – Can’t Make You Mine (1980)
15. Jet Brown – Living Together (1979)
(PW in comments)